A Morning Without You

May 05, 2017

A Morning Without You


Hi. It's me again.
Nothing much has changed. Not like it would, anyways.
I woke up today, just like any other day. The other bedside still felt strange without you, but I think..
I think I'm slowly getting used to it.


Do you remember how we used to wake up together on mornings like these?
You would make coffee for two while I made breakfast for us to eat.
Sometimes your curiosity would get the best of you, 
and you would ask me what I was making that day while hugging me and watching me close over my shoulders.
Mornings were my favorite time of day.
Come to think of it, every moment I spent with you was my favorite, regardless of time and day.



Now it's just me. In this little apartment of ours.
I still made coffee for two. 
Without you around, it's hard to stay awake in the morning.
Sometimes I realized that i made breakfast much more than I could eat,
and I would always think of you.
How you would finish your breakfast I made that day wholeheartedly,
thanking me with a smile on your face.

I picked up your habit of reading the paper every morning.
After you were gone, I didn't end the paper subscription.
It's one of the things that still keeps me sane, you know.
A momentum of you.



Dressing up felt a bit different now.
We always got ready together.
You would help me wear my necklace, or help me with my zipper,
and helping you with your tie has become one of my habits.

Usually we would take our time and helping each other,
while stealing one or two kisses.
We enjoyed our time together.
But now, getting ready felt more of an obligation, a routine.
It took too quickly these days,
But i think i'm slowly getting used to it.



Mornings are harder without you, I must admit.
I never thought that a single person could affect me this way.
Before you, as hard as i could remember, my mornings were similar to this.
I didn't even realize how much it has changed because of you,
until you were gone.
But I think..
I think I'm slowly getting used to this.



Anyway, I miss you.
I really do.
And of that feeling I am sure,
that I could never get used to.




- Maddy -

You Might Also Like

1 komentar

Popular Posts