A Steamy Morning

April 21, 2017


No, it's not like what you're thinking right now.


I woke up this morning having one thing in mind, no, i woke up alone this morning, so get those thoughts out of your head. As a matter of fact, today i'm having my first attempt on making.. Japanese steamed eggs (a.k.a Chawanmushi!)


Derived from the conventional chawanmushi container. A bowl is much more suited for my appetite (and i can share,too).

Last night, i suddenly felt the urge to eat Japanese cooking, and what better way to have Japanese cooking right away other than cooking it yourself? So I searched for some recipes on Youtube, and came across a chawanmushi recipe. I had all the ingredients lying inside my fridge right now, so i thought, 'why don't i make it tomorrow morning for breakfast?' (and because i'm such a lazy bum, i didn't feel like going to the grocery store to buy other stuff, read: ramen noodles,pork,laver,salmon,etc.)

This is the result of my sudden urge for Japanese cooking and unwillingness to go to the grocery store combined:

Not bad, yes?

This chawanmushi consists of eggs (of course), some leftover mushrooms, chicken, shrimp, and green onions from the other day. A very heartwarming breakfast, i would say.

















Here's my version of a steamy morning. What's yours? ;)


- Maddy -

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Popular Posts