Comfort Food

May 10, 2017

My latest cooking endeavor involves my all time favorite comfort food, Quiche!


The first time I've ever tasted quiche was a long time ago.
 It was a weekend night, and me and my family were just strolling around the mall. We saw a french bakery was having a massive discount for all of their items from 8 PM onward. It was half past eight, so me and my family stepped in without even hesitating.
While i was scanning around the bakery, I saw this interesting dish that I've never seen before. I read the label, and on it was written " ham and mushroom quiche". I thought that it would taste amazing, and put it on the shopping tray. The rest of it was history from that day onwards.

I've been wanting to make quiche for some time now, but didn't want to bother making a pie crust and buying a pie dish. My mom never made pie before, so all the resources i need for making a pie are basically hard to obtain.

I was browsing recipes the other day, and typed in "crustless quiche" just for the heck of it, and what do you know, there they were, tons of crustless quiche recipe for me to try. Altough it's not really an authentic dish, i decided to give it a try.


The ingredients were pretty simple, all you need is mushrooms, ham (i used ma ling/spam as a substitute), and i added some spinach, cheese, chicken, onions, and tomatoes. This is pretty much a versatile dish, and you can modify the fillings as much as you like.






Because it turned out great, I decided that I'll make the authentic version with a pie crust next time.
Turns out that all you need is just some trial and error, effort, and confidence.
-Maddy-



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Popular Posts