Lonely Nights

May 30, 2017



Nights when i feel the loneliest.
I feel like everything moves really slowly.
My heart feels cold but my body warm.
I start to notice things I didn't notice before.
How people are living their lives.
Interconnected but so far apart from mine.

Nights when i feel the loneliest.
When I want to be in the company of someone.
At the same time wanting to be alone.
Alone by myself.
In my own company.

Nights when i feel the loneliest.
When I feel like I'm waiting for someone.
Someone I need to see,
but so far from reach.
Whom I waited for what feels like decades.
Are you real?
Would we ever meet?

Nights when I feel the loneliest.
The darkest moment of day.
Which reminds me about the darkest part of my heart.
A void.
Wanting to be filled.
With things that felt intangible,
So far from reach.




Well, here's something a little dark for a change. But I hope I didn't irk or scare you guys too much.
Sometimes there are nights when thoughts fill you up and you just have to vent it somewhere, no?


Just think of it as a toast, for those nights we spent alone. Mentally, physically, or both.

- Maddy



*the picture i used is not mine, full credits to the owner



You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Popular Posts