A Day of Chill and Contemplation

April 19, 2017




I woke up this morning with a pretty unfamiliar but calming feeling. Last night's sleep was probably one of my most deepest sleeps i have had in awhile (I concluded because i didn't even remember waking up when my sister got ready for school earlier in the morning). Now that i finished high school, i could practically wake up whenever i want to.

But, for me, who is used to sticking onto a tight schedule, and being accustomed to a routine almost every single day, i felt that something was missing. I realized, that is the sole reason for the unfamiliar feeling i felt earlier.

Come to think of it, people are really strange, aren't we? When we start something new, or going into a new environment, getting used to a new thing could feel very strange and uncomfortable, but as time passes by, it turns into a routine, we get accustomed to it, and when we don't do or feel the same thing anymore, although how much we don't like it at first, it would feel strange, just like the first time.


I made some milk tea,too.

High school went by just like that. At first, i pretty much hated high school. I got mad and upset almost every single day. I didn't adjust really well at first, and as a result, my grades sunk. But as time goes by, I got a handle of it (as to how, that is a long story, maybe for another day) and i really enjoyed it. I dare to say that i might miss it one day, badly. If the 'me' from 2 years ago knew i would feel and say these kind of things, i would most probably call myself crazy.



Anyway, i felt i had to do something today. Because my friends were busy doing other stuff, i decided to cook at home and listen to some good music for the rest of the day.


I went grocery shopping by myself in some nearby mall's supermarket. I also went 'window shopping', looking at new trends from the boutiques there. There were not many people at that time of day, but i could hear bustling sounds of store clerks opening up there store. I breath in the fresh air from the sea nearby, and i felt really serene. There's something calming about doing things on your own, and taking every moment in.

Today's menu: macaroni schotel. It was my first time making it, and it turned out pretty great!

Look at me, trying to take a decent food picture, haha.


After that, i listened to some music. Lately i've been listening to Korean indie, it's so calming and refreshing! I think i discovered a new ear candy (and eye candy)  yesterday, and he's.. Sam Kim!
His voice is so soothing and he is good with the guitar too! Plus points from me.




Well that pretty much sums up my day. After typing this, i might read a new novel i just bought the other day or maybe just lay around watch videos, listen to more music, and snooze. So, what's your idea of a chill day at home?



- Maddy -



You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Popular Posts